I love cookies – all cookies. But I especially love cookies that are not to sweet, and are perfect to be paired with coffee or tea. So when I came across this recipe for crispy Almond Cookies, I had to try making them myself! I’ve tried these cookies before at Asian bakeries, and they had a very natural and simple almond taste with a hint of butter.
Almond Crisp Cookies
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond slices
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
Wisk together egg whites, salt, vanilla, and sugar until foamy and sugar is dissolved. Then add flour and wisk until there are no lumps. Fold in almonds and butter, and bake on wax paper-lined baking sheet at 325 degrees until golden brown around the edges. Do not overcook; the cookies harden when they cool.