This is one of my favorite combinations of flavors for desserts. I’m not alone, either, because I constantly see these two paired in bakeries, the grocery store, and even in bubble tea shops! The same goes for matcha green tea!
- it tasted amazing, of course!
- the recipe yields a small amount, which is always a plus for me
- it works in several forms: i tried muffins and taiyaki pancakes!
Steamed Black Sesame Cupcakes
- 1 large egg
- 30g brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 60g flour
- 50g cooked/sweetened red beans
- 20g black sesame powder (you can get it from most Asian grocery stores)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. In a bowl, beat the egg lightly then add the sugar and mix well.
2. Then add the milk and oil into the mixture. Beat well.
3. Sieve the flour, and baking powder then combine with the black sesame powder. Mis with the egg mixture.
4. Stir in or layer your red bean, and pour the mixture into a muffin tin and bake at 325 degrees until firm (around 20 min), or try making pancakes! You can also steam them, as seen here where I found the original recipe.